15 May, 2006

When reality hits, who falls down?

When the final punch is thrown and you are dead what do you stand to loose? A lot of you athiests sit out there and say there is no God, there is no hell, there is no heaven, and no afterlife. (Though I've got to believe that deep down you know it's not true since every time you swear you acknowledge them as real.) But what if you are wrong? What if those things you have heard about God and Jesus are true? What do you stand to loose? If you're right what do I stand to loose? I've lived a good life, I've had hope that I was living and working for something greater than myself, and that I was going to a reward. If you're right and this is all there is and I'm just a highly evolved monkey, what have I lost? Nothing at all. I could have wasted my life on drug highs and in prison if I hadn't belived they were wrong, I could have gotten women pregnant so they could kill their, and my, kids. But would that have been any more fun? I spent my life almost free of stress and regret since I belived I had someone greater than me who cared about me and would take my burdens. And I can die in peace believing I'm going to a better place. But what do you live for? The opportunity to destroy all the hope and morality that has kept this globe in the state it is instead of total chaos. If you are right I've lost absolutely nothing. If I'm right what do you loose? You go to face a God who you spent all your life trying to destroy and disprove. And after you face Him you face Hell, the eternal punishment for those who rejected Him. So think about it. When reality hits. Who falls down?

2 Comments:

Blogger Noah said...

Good thoughts. Perhaps a bit too pointed, but good. I think however, this is true for the Christian, too. So often, our perception of reality and what it means to walk with Christ is really quite wrong. I know that in my own life at times times, it requires God smacking me with the proverbial 2x4 of reality to teach me some lessons that He needs me to learn if I'm going to be used by Him. Sometimes that means showing me that I'm not always as spiritual as I think I am. A good (and humble) lesson to be learned, indeed....

5/30/2006 1:36 AM  
Blogger OneCent said...

Yeah i guess it came off a bit harsher than i expected. Read it as a friendly warning and not so much as a slam. But still it is the truth and as i heard one man say,"Life's to Short, Hell's to Hot, and Eternity is to long a time to make a mistake.

6/28/2006 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home